Use of St. Vincent de Paul’s Name & Logos
1. The name of your event must not have SVP in the title. The event may only use SVP name & logo to advise that the event will benefit SVP. To this end SVP are only a beneficiary of the event. For example “Title of Event” to benefit SVP or in aid of SVP.
2. Prior approval must be obtained from the Society of St. Vincent de Paul for any printed materials, media publications or advertisements associated with the event. If the fundraising event is a national event National Office must give this approval, otherwise approval must come from the Regional Office where the fundraising event is to be held.
3. You must contact Society of St. Vincent de Paul National Office or Regional Office (where the fundraising event is to be held) prior to the event to gain approval for the use of the SVP Logo. If approval is given by SVP we will provide the appropriate version of the logo. Please note that our logo must not be copied from other sources.
Cash Handling and Banking
1. In your own interest and to adhere to auditor requirements, it is required that a minimum of two adults to count and return the proceeds from the event.
2. Please note that all net proceeds from the event must be submitted to SVP within 30 days of completion of the event. Please refer to SVP fundraising guide on details how to submit funds. ou may donate the funds online/bank or to your local SVP. In accordance with best practice Under the 2009 Charities Act a full set of accounts of income and expenditure should be submitted with your return.
Fundraising Event Terms & Conditions
1. Every fundraising event must be run in accordance with all applicable laws. It is the sole responsibility of the Event Organiser(s) to ensure that the event complies with all respects of the law and with applicable requirements of SVP.
2. Approval to repeat an event must be requested from the SVP.
3. The SVP will assist with your event only by way of offering advice and guidance. The overall running of the event, including expenses, promotion, insurance, record-keeping and management is your responsibility.
4. SVP insurance does not extend to external fundraising events - we would advise that prior to your event you must seek independent insurance advice.
5. Please contact your local Garda station for guidance on any legal permits that you may require for your event.
6. If you are holding a raffle where the sale of tickets is to the general public, outside of guests you may have at your event, you should contact your Garda Station to obtain a permit.
7. With regard to door-to-door calls, you may only do so provided you know the resident and these calls are only conducted during daylight hours.
8. Regarding the sale of CDs, books, calendars and other similar items, ALL requests for same must have prior approval from the SVP region to benefit from
the sale of the said item. Please refer to www.svp.ie and contact the Region directly.
9. Marketing & PR. SVP cannot provide Direct Marketing and PR for your event. You can create your own online event page on www.svp.ie.
10. You must advise the Society of any changes to the details of your event provided on this form prior to the event taking place.
Authority to fundraise for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
1. Be 18 years or over (if under 18 years of age, you will need permission from a parent / guardian)
2. Complete this application form and return to the SVP at least 30 days prior to the event.
3. Please do not advertise this event until you have received approval from SVP.
Permits & Insurance
Please note that it is obligation of the Event Organiser to obtain all the necessary permits associated with the event. It is the responsibility of the Event Organiser to seek independent or prudent advice regarding any insurances that may be required to hold the event.
To the fullest extent allowed by law, the Event Organisers agree to:
• Release SVP from claims and demands of any kind arising from or related, directly or indirectly, to the fundraising event; and
• Indemnify and hold harmless SVP from any and all liability resulting from loss, damage or injury of any kind and in any way connected, directly or indirectly, with the fundraising event.
If, in the sole opinion of SVP, an Event Organiser does not, in advance of the event, obtain necessary or prudent insurance cover and/or any required permit for the event (from SVP or from any other person), SVP reserves the right to withdraw or decline any association with the event, without giving prior notice to the Event Organiser. If that happens, SVP may also publicise the fact that SVP is not in any way associated with or endorsing the event.
SVP’s insurance does not apply to the fundraising event. In particular, it does not cover loss, damage or harm to any person organising, assisting with or participating in the fundraising event or to the property of any such person or any other person. Whether the fundraising event involves use of public parks, public areas or private property, SVP does not accept any responsibility for any damage that may arise from or be caused (directly or indirectly) by such fundraising event. We recommend strongly that Event Organisers seek independent insurance advice prior to organising an event.
Online Fundraising Terms and Conditions
The fundraising pages located on svp.ie are owned and operated by The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SVP).
SVP is a registered Irish charity operating nationwide across both the Republic and Northern Ireland. It is a registered charity with CHY number 6852.
By using the fundraising pages, users agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. (the provision of any services by SVP for a user shall be subject to these terms and conditions.)
“You/User” denotes any individual, firm or company that sponsors a fundraiser through svp.ie, that registers a fundraiser on the SVP website, that donates directly to SVP online and any other natural or legal persons using this website for any reason, and any of their or its employees, consultants and authorised agents who may use the website from time to time.
“Website” means the website located at www.svp.ie.
“SVP” means The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul.
1.1 In using the website or registering a fundraising event with the website, You represent that You are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction. In the case of a company or other User that is not an individual, You represent that you have the capacity to enter into a contract with SVP and you also agree to provide:
1.1.1 True, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself or Your company or Your institution and;
1.1.2 Maintain and promptly update the data or information to ensure that it is true, accurate and complete.
1.2 All contracts concluded on this website shall be in the English language.
1.3 Please note that SVP keep a record of the User’s registrations details and details of any donations made by or to a User for the duration of any User’s registration with svp.ie.
1.4 SVP reserves the right to refuse registration of any User at is complete and absolute discretion.
2. Fees and Payments
2.1 For each donation made, there are unfortunately costs that SVP must incur. They are as follows:
2.1.1 The processing bank charges a fee of 2% per transaction on every donation made. For example, if €10.00 is donated to a fundraising page via the website, 20 cent of fees will automatically be deducted and €9.80 will actually be delivered to the fundraising event.
2.1.2 To process credit card transactions, Realex charges a monthly fee of €36.45.
2.2 Your donation will be processed immediately by SVP and the processing bank. You acknowledge that in the absence of fraud, You shall not have the right of cancellation of your donation and in placing a donation, You waive any statutory rights You may have to cancellation of the processing of Your donation by SVP.
3. Credit Card Payment
3.1 Users making donations by charge card or credit card hereby agree and assure SVP that:
3.1.1 All charge card or credit card information is true, correct and complete.
3.1.2 The person making the donation is duly authorised to use the charge card or credit card for that purpose; and
3.1.3 The donation and the fees will be honoured by the donor’s credit card company.
3.2 If you discover that a donation has been made on this website using your credit card or charge card details in the circumstances where You had not authorised or agreed to this, then (provided You have not, through failure to take reasonable care, allowed an unauthorised person to gain access to your credit card details or password) SVP is required to refund to You the money that they have received from You provided that: (a) you inform your charge card or credit card company and SVP of the unauthorised payment as soon as you discover it; and (b) You cooperate with your credit company and SVP and if necessary, the police in relation to the unauthorised use of your financial details.
4. Use of Your Donation
4.1 SVP ensures you that any donations made to a fundraising event or via the online donation facility on the website will be used in the region specified by You.
4.2 Any donations will be spent in a timely and efficient manner by SVP to ensure the maximum effect of the donation.
4.3 Any donation made will also only be used to continue the beneficial work of SVP.
If you have cause for dissatisfaction with the use of Your donation, You may contact SVP directly using the contact details provided on the website.
5. Privacy and Security Policy
5.1 The Society is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website. We are aware that as a user of this website you care about the security and privacy of your information.
5.2 The privacy and security policy is worded in a separate document to these terms and conditions, and may be viewed here. (Link to privacy agreement on SVP.ie)
6. User Conduct and Content
6.1. The use of svp.ie is only for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is defamatory, racist or which may harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
6.2.1 In particular, the User agrees not to: - display on the website, distribute from the website, or provide links from the website to any obscene, menacing, offensive or pornographic materials. – Display on the website or use in connection with the website, any pirated software or any copyrighted materials or counterfeit materials without authorization from the copyright holder.
6.2.2 The User also agrees not to use information obtained in connection with its registration with or use of the Website, or in a any way use the Website to carry out: - unsolicited mail-bombing or spamming, cause annoyance inconvenience or anxiety to other Internet users; - to distribute or deliver any software virus or worms; - to distribute, deliver or display any data, material or information which is defamatory, libelous or a hoax; or - display on the Website or use in connection with the Website any materials which in any way infringe the copyright, other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party or which may otherwise render SVP liable to the payment of damages to any third party.
6.3 SVP reserves the right to remove or suspend any material posted which is, in its sole opinion, in breach of this clause, or which it suspects to be in breach of this clause at its absolute and complete discretion. SVP shall be entitled to terminate a User's registration for breach of this clause.
6.4 It is Your responsibility to check with SVP regarding the suitability and appropriateness of Your chosen fundraising event. Users hereby acknowledge that dangerous events or events that are in poor taste may contravene the fundraising guidelines of SVP or bring the charity into disrepute. SVP reserves the right to cancel Your fundraising page should SVP, in its sole discretion, deem Your fundraising event to be inappropriate.
6.5 In addition to any other remedies available to SVP pursuant to this Agreement, the User agrees to indemnity and hold SVP harmless for any losses, liabilities, costs and expenses of whatever nature, arising as a result of breach of clauses 6.2.1 and 6.2.2
7.1 All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in svp.ie (including the design, arrangement, layout and organisation) and all material or content supplied and displayed as part of svp.ie is owned by, licensed to or permitted to be used by svp.ie unless otherwise indicated and shall remain at all times the property of SVP or the third party to whom it is attributed. In accessing the site or downloading anything there from, you agree that you do so only for your own personal and non-commercial use and agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notice from materials downloaded from this site or any site accessible through this site without the prior written permission of the SVP.
7.2 Without the prior written permission of SVP you may not copy, reproduce, download, post, store (including in any other web site), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way the material or content on this site, or any materials accessible through the site, in whole or in part or permit or assist any third party to do so for a use other than personal and non commercial.
7.3 If such permission is granted the source of the material must be clearly identified and attributed to svp.ie and the appropriate proprietary rights acknowledged and a link established to svp.ie subject to the following conditions. (Link to 1.6 from the SVP disclaimer)
8.1 The names, images and logos identifying SVP or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of svp.ie, its associated companies and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any trade mark or patent of svp.ie, associated companies or any other third party.
9. Changes to these Terms and Conditions.
9.1 Use of this site constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date on which you first use the site. The Society reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing the site. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
9.2 If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this website and therefore should cease using this website immediately.
10. Failure to Comply with these Terms and Conditions
10.1 Any User who fails to follow these regulations outlined in these terms and conditions, may at the complete discretion of SVP, and without prior notification, be suspended or banned altogether from using the Site.
11.1 SVP may terminate your registration with the website or Your use of the Website on written notice; which includes email, if you are in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Website and fail to correct such the breach within (14) days following adequate notice from SVP specifying the breach. In the case of a breach of either clause 6.2.1 or 6.2.2, SVP reserves the right to terminate forthwith without notice
11.2 SVP may terminate Your registration with the Website upon written notice (including email) if you are a company and you go into insolvent liquidation, receivership or examinership, or you are deemed to be unable to pay your debts as they fall within the meaning of section 214 of the Companies Act, 1963 (as amended extended, consolidated or replaced), or if You are an individual and declared bankrupt.
11.3 In the event of the use of the Site being terminated for any User, that User or organisation will remain bound by the terms and conditions of the Site in all matters relating to the site.
12.1 You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified SVP from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your entry to and use of svp.ie other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com