SVP House, Dublin 1
Specific Purpose Full Time
37.5 hours per week
03 August 2022
4PM Wednesday 17 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fundraising Manager to join our Regional Office team in Dublin. Within the parameters of the National Fundraising Strategy, the post holder will implement the Fundraising Plan for the East Region, ensuring effective fundraising and communications strategies to:
- Secure funds for the Regional Council across a range of income streams including existing channels, individual donors, corporate fundraising, partnership development, trusts and foundations with a Regional focus, fundraising events and legacies/bequests.
- Support Area Councils, Special Works and Conferences in the Region in their existing fundraising activities and to encourage and facilitate new fundraising initiatives to maximise their potential.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community
Why work with SVP?
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
|23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days.
||Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
|2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
||Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
|Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
||Education Support for job relevant courses
|Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
||Employee Assistance Programme
|Life Assurance – four times annual salary
||Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
|Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (subject to terms of policy)
||Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
|Hybrid/Flexible Working Available
SVP support and embrace Flexible Working, including working from home, in line with the SVP Flexible Working Policy, where appropriate and subject to role requirements.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years proven experience as a fundraiser in the not for profit sector
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing fundraising initiatives using a variety of fundraising techniques.
- Experience of working directly with donors in a stewardship or relationship building role is required.
- Ability to work in an environment where performance is measured against specific targets
- High level of initiative is required with energy, determination and resilience when faced with barriers
- Ability to innovate and work on own initiative
- Good computer skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work with and motivate volunteers
- Good donor management skills
- Full current driving licence
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas.
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.