The Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public sets out the Commitment to Donors. This includes the commitment that the Society of St Vincent de Paul will inform donors and prospective donors that it complies with the Statement. Society of St Vincent de Paul may also devise a summary of that commitment in the form of a Donor Charter.
As a charity seeking donations from the public we the Society of St Vincent de Paul aim to comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public
- Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
- We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Society of St Vincent de Paul.
- We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
- We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of our mission, and of the way the way we intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the Society’s governing Council and that the Council will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities at National Management Council.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions you might have of the organisation.
What to do if you have feedback
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact SVP in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our National Secretary.
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
Society of St Vincent de Paul
91/92 Sean McDermott St
Tel: 1 884 8200
We are open 5 days a week from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday