SVP House, Dublin 1
Permanent, Full Time
37.5 hours per week
03 August 2022
4PM Wednesday 17 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Information Support Officer to join our team in the East Regional Office. The prime purpose of the role is to work as part of the team in the East Regional Office in Dublin 1 by providing a point of contact for service users to the Society who contact the Society by telephone, email, letter, in person seeking assistance/information are directed to the appropriate Conference.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
Why work with SVP?
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
|23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days.
||Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
|2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
||Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
|Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
||Education Support for job relevant courses
|Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
||Employee Assistance Programme
|Life Assurance – four times annual salary
||Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
|Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (subject to terms of policy)
||Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
|Hybrid/Flexible Working Available
SVP support and embrace Flexible Working, including working from home, in line with the SVP Flexible Working Policy, where appropriate and subject to role requirements.
- Educated to Leaving Certificate level, however an office administration / secretarial or computer course would be beneficial
- At least two years’ experience in providing varied administrative support in an office environment.
- One year’s experience of handling a diverse range of callers – both in-person and by telephone.
- Experience in using IT systems and proficiency in the use of computers
- Experience of working within a busy information environment is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of the geography of East region – Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well under pressure, resilient.
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with a CRM database is desirable
- An ability to display empathy, patience and a well-developed sense of humour.
- Ability to be flexible in approach and towards the role.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values.
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas.
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.