St. Colmcille’s, Letterkenny, Donegal
Fixed Term 1 year Full Time Contract
39 hours per week
26 April 2021
4PM Tuesday 11 May 2021
The SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. SVP employs in the region of 1000 staff, including those on employment schemes. The Outreach Worker will provide outreach support in the community to individuals at risk of homelessness or who require support to sustain their tenancy. The aim of the service is to provide a package of support which will reduce the likelihood of a family or individual losing their tenancy.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- BA in Social Care/NFQ Level 7 or higher is required for this position.
- DCU Certificate in Homelessness Prevention and Intervention (FETAC Level 5) would be desirable.
- A thorough knowledge of principles of Social Care / Community Work.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation; data protection, report writing, and services in the housing and homeless sector.
- In depth knowledge of Case Management, Key working & Holistic Needs Assessment, and use of PASS Database.
- Knowledge of the principles of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (MAPA.)
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Government policy on homelessness and on the Quality Standards Framework for Homeless Services.
- Experience in homeless services, or in another area of social care service.
- Experience of recording, reporting and information management.
- Experience carrying out client risk assessments.
- Experience and willingness to work alone.
- Experience dealing with challenging behaviour.
- A high degree of professional and personal self-awareness.
- Excellent listening, reflective and analytical skills.
- Willingness to develop professional skills as identified through supervision.
- Ability to receive and contribute appropriate critical and reflective feedback.
- Excellent reporting skills- ability to provide concise and relevant reports.
- Flexible, open to new ways of working.
- Ability to be stay calm, objective, fair, independent and confident in challenging situations.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organizations you can apply online directly or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer