National Office, SVP House Dublin 1
22.5 hours per week (occasionally additional hours may be required)
08 October 2021
4PM Friday 22 October 2021
The prime purpose of the role is to work as part of the team in the East Regional Office in Dublin 1 by providing a point of contact for service users to the Society who contact the Society by telephone, email, letter, in person seeking assistance/information are directed to the appropriate Conference.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- The job holder should be educated to Leaving Certificate level, however an office administration / secretarial or computer course would be beneficial.
- At least two years’ experience in providing varied administrative support in an office environment.
- One year’s experience of handling a diverse range of callers – both in-person and by telephone.
- Experience in using IT systems and proficiency in the use of computers
- Experience of working within a busy information environment is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of the geography of East region – Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow.
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well under pressure, resilient.
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with a CRM database is desirable.
- An ability to display empathy, patience and a well-developed sense of humour.
- Ability to be flexible in approach and towards the role.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Life at SVP – Why work for us?
|23 days annual leave to start
||Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
|2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
||Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
|Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
||Education Support for job relevant courses
|Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
||Employee Assistance Programme
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted. A panel may be formed from suitable candidates.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer