Northeast and Midlands (based in Drogheda Co. Louth)
Specific Purpose- Maternity Cover (Part-Time)
22.5 hours per week
08 September 2021
4PM Wednesday 22 September 2021
The purpose of this role is to be part of the team in the Northeast & Midlands Regional Office by providing a point of contact for service users who contact the Society by telephone, email or letter, seeking assistance/information and then directing them to the appropriate Conference.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Job Holder should be educated to Leaving Certificate level, however an office administration /secretarial or computer course would be beneficial.
- At least two years’ experience in providing varied administrative support in an office environment.
- One year experience of handling a diverse range of callers – both in-person and by telephone.
- Experience of working within a busy information environment is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of the geography of the Northeast & Midlands region
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well under pressure, resilient.
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with a CRM database is desirable
- An ability to display empathy and patience
- Ability to be flexible in approach and towards the role.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please fill out the form below and attach the completed job application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer