Ozanam Hostel, Wexford
12 month fixed term contract
Variable (casual work). Various shift patterns. No set hours.
09 September 2021
4PM Thursday 23 September 2021
The purpose of these posts is to provide short-term relief cover (day or night shifts) in emergency situations and to cover for leave in a short-term relief capacity so as to assist the Service to provide safe secure accommodation and support to homeless men, providing an efficient and high quality service to the client group. The post holders will be based in Ozanam Hostel, Wexford, where emergency accommodation and support is provided to 31 men.
The ideal candidates will possess the following;
- A good standard of education is essential for this position.
- FETAC Level 5 (or higher) healthcare qualification or training in health or social care would be a distinct advantage.
- BA in Social Care (NFQ Level 7) or higher is desirable for this position.
- A satisfactory knowledge and understanding of the needs of homeless men.
- Experience of working in a paid or voluntary capacity in a social care context is required for this position.
- Experience of a homeless sector service would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to respond in a warm and compassionate manner while retaining professional boundaries.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- The ability to work within professional boundaries.
- To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please fill out the form below and attach the completed job application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer