St. Patrick’s Hostel, Limerick
6 month fixed term contract
Variable (casual work). Various shift patterns.
10 June 2021
4PM Thursday 24 June 2021
The purpose of the post is to provide cover in a short-term relief capacity (day or night shifts) in emergency situations and for periods of leave to assist the Service in providing safe secure accommodation and support to homeless men and an efficient and high-quality service to the client group.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- A good standard of education is essential for this position.
- BA in Social Care (NFQ Level 7) is desirable for this position.
- FETAC Level 5 healthcare qualification or training in healthcare would be a distinct advantage.
- To have an understanding of the needs of homeless men.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Homelessness.
- Knowledge and understanding around addiction and mental health issues.
- At least one-year experience of working in a paid or voluntary capacity in a social care context.
- Experience on a homeless sector service would be a distinct advantage.
- Active listening skills.
- Non-judgemental attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers.
- The ability to work within professional boundaries.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word and experience with a database.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please fill out the form below and attach the completed job application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer