Southwest Region- Killorglin
Permanent Part-Time (subject to funding)
10.5 hours per week (across 5 days per week)
15 September 2021
4PM Wednesday 29 September 2021
The primary purpose of the role is to provide general nursing care of the clients in Killorglin Community Care Centre. The Nurse also holds responsibility for overseeing and coordinating the work that our Carers undertake in the centre.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A recognised Nursing Qualification
- Current Nursing or Midwifery Board of Ireland Registration
- Maintain live annual registration maintained by NMBI
- At least 5 years’ post-qualification experience as a Registered Nurse
- Experience of working with the elderly or this age group in general
- Experience of working in the community/ voluntary sector would be an advantage
- Excellent Nursing Skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent organisational skills and administration skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships including the ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to empathise with and treat patients, relatives and colleagues with dignity and respect
- Ability to foster a sense of independence for all clients.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality relating to the area of work
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Initiative and innovation, identifying areas for improvement, implementing and managing change
- A knowledge and appreciation of the Society, its ethos, mission and values.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements in this area
- Understanding of HSE and HIQA standards for nursing
- High level of clinical knowledge to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please fill out the form below and attach the completed job application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
** Please complete the Online Application Form Below - CVs Not Accepted**
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer