East Regional Office- SVP House Dublin 1
37.5 hours per week
12 May 2022
4PM Thursday 26 May 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Property Services Manager to join our East Region team. The primary purpose of the role is to be ensure that the physical facilities for East Region support service requirements are adequate, safe, and hospitable for volunteers, visitors, public and staff. This includes supporting local conferences of members regarding property matters as well as liaising with the Retail division and external contractors. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and robust experience in a facilities related environment.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisation and make a difference in your community.
Why work with SVP?
|23 days annual leave to start
||Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
|2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
||Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
|Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
||Education Support for job relevant courses
|Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
||Employee Assistance Programme
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Hold a relevant engineering, building surveyor, or architectural technology degree and/or equivalent professional qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing/supervising work teams in a facilities related environment
- Experience of contractor management and working to procurement regulations
- Experience of the Housing sector in the provision of social housing dwellings (desirable)
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Analysis and solve complex problems
- Work independently in a team environment managing time and workflow.
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to work to demanding deadlines and problem solving to address the issue
- A passion for delivering a customer centred service Relationship building skills Influencing and negotiation skills
- Empathy and listening skills
- Knowledge of building construction
- Knowledge and experience of diagnosing repairs, maintenance and alterations to buildings.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations and a commitment to keep this knowledge up to date and current
- A commitment to SVP’s Values
- Hold a current driving license
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas.
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer