Ozanam House, Augustine Street, Galway
37.5 hours per week
22 February 2021
4PM Monday 08 March 2021
The prime purpose of the Society’s West Regional Office is to support the core work of Regional and Area Presidents, and through them our Conferences and Members on the ground. The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day efficient operation and management of the Regional Office and line management of Regional Office staff, and other such staff as required.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- The Job holder should ideally be educated to Degree level, or equivalent, in a business, management in the voluntary sector / administration / financial/people related services or related field
- A knowledge and appreciation of the Society, its ethos, mission and values.
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged.
- An affinity for the work of volunteers and an understanding of the dynamics of Volunteer Led Organisations
- At least 5 years management / administrative experience, ideally some of which will have been gained in the community / voluntary sector.
- Experience of managing others and building teams.
- Change management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations in a professional manner.
- Good group facilitation skills/experience
- Good understanding of budgeting and finance related matter
- Ability to anticipate challenges and put appropriate plans in place
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM system.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- A positive outlook, with resilience and persistence in the face of barriers and setbacks.
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations.
- Project management skills.
- An ability to write reports in a clear, concise and structured manner.
- An ability to display empathy, patience and a well-developed sense of humour
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please fill out the form below and attach the completed job application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer