Galway, West Region
Full Time Permanent
37.5 hours per week
20 July 2021
4PM Tuesday 03 August 2021
The purpose of the role is to develop and lead a team of managers and volunteers within the West Region. To maximize sales, productivity, revenue opportunities and customer satisfaction in line with the strategic objectives of the West Region through the efficient management of the St Vincent de Paul Charity (Vincent’s) shops and Order Fulfilment Centre
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Professional management qualification
- Relevant commercial retail experience together with evidence of continuing personal and professional development
- Third level degree in a business related field is desirable
- Retailing techniques including space management, presentation, pricing, stock control and operating systems.
- Knowledge of EPOS, stock control systems and cash management systems.
- Knowledge or experience of the needs of volunteers
- Proven track record in retail management for at least 5 years
- Substantial Retail Management experience of a successful operation of multiple outlets
- Extensive staff management and volunteer experience
- Proven track records in reaching targets
- Excellent organisational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter who can prioritise their own workload
- Ability to think creatively about business development
- Setting and managing a comprehensive income and expenditure budget
- Ability to identify new opportunities to increase revenue and strategies to maximise profits
- Experience of managing a large workforce, and ability to manage a wide range of staff and volunteers, across multiple locations
- Ability to guide and motivate individuals and teams to achieve key objectives
- Willing to travel
- Own Car/ clean driving license
You can apply online directly or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Please complete the Online Application Form
CVs Not Accepted
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer