Main Street, Bunclody, Co. Wexford Y21 XY17
37.5 hours per week
10 June 2021
4PM Thursday 01 July 2021
The purpose of the Shop Manager role is to maximize sales, productivity, revenue opportunities and customer satisfaction levels through the efficient management of the St Vincent de Paul Charity shop by ensuring compliance with the Society’s retail standards, current relevant legislation and SVP policy and ethos. Line management of a motivated team comprising shop volunteers, CE staff and paid employee is also required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
- At least 3 years retail experience ideally some of which will have been gained in the community / voluntary sector
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- Experience of working with sales and profit targets
- Be an accomplished Retail Manager and be able to demonstrate an impressive record of business development, excellent people skills and the ability to deliver the very highest store standards and customer service through your team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal and social media skills
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- An ability to display empathy, patience and a well-developed sense of humour
- A keen eye for visual merchandising and display
You can apply online directly or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Please complete the Online Application Form.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer