Vincents Rush, 76 Main Street Upper, Rush, Co. Dublin, K56 DN40
Specific Purpose contract (Maternity Leave Cover)
37.5 hours per week
15 July 2022
4PM Friday 12 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shop Manager to join our retail division at our shop in Rush. Our stores have a huge range of stock on display which can include furniture, clothing and bric-a-brac which will bring variety in each sale. The ideal candidate will have solid retail experience and a proven track record in achieving targets by setting high standards.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
Why work with SVP?
|23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days.
||Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
|2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
||Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
|Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
||Education Support for job relevant courses
|Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
||Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
|Life Assurance – four times annual salary
||Employee Assistance Programme
|Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (subject to terms of policy)
||Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged with the ability to display empathy and patience.
- At least 3 years retail experience ideally some of which will have been gained in the community / voluntary sector
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- Experience of working with sales and profit targets
- Be an accomplished Retail Manager and be able to demonstrate an impressive record of business development, excellent people skills and the ability to deliver the very highest store standards and customer service through your team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal and social media skills
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- A keen eye for visual merchandising and display
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer