An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Housing Scheme Officer to join our Social Housing team in Gorey, Co. Wexford. The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for housing and tenant management at the SVP Housing Scheme in Gorey. This includes providing support, guidance and assistance to tenants and ensuring the effective day to day operation, maintenance, and administration of the housing scheme. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in a housing management environment and excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisation and make a difference in your community.
Why work with SVP?
|23 days annual leave to start
||Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
|2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
||Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
|Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
||Education Support for job relevant courses
|Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
||Employee Assistance Programme
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Educated to at least diploma level in a social care/ social housing management or related discipline or demonstrate at least 2 years equivalent knowledge and experience in a housing management environment.
- Experience in the community / voluntary sector/housing / social care environment
- Experience of working with a wide range of people who are: vulnerable, homeless, elderly, low-income households
- Experience of working with other social landlords, statutory and voluntary agencies
- Experience of core housing management tasks (allocations, resident’s associations, rent collection, repairs, tenancy management)
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills. Good written communication skills.
- General office administration skills
- Computer literacy with experience that includes word-processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and internet.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge of housing legislation as it relates to the Social Housing Sector
- Knowledge of law/tenancy agreements
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please complete the online application.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer