Mid-West Region - Regional Office, Ozanam House, Hartstonge Street, Limerick.
37.5 hours per week
22 July 2021
4PM Thursday 05 August 2021
The primary purpose of the role is is to promote and support the SVP Youth Development programme in the Mid-West Region through various models of engagement, primarily through the support and development of Young SVP Conferences in schools and 3rd level institutions.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- 3rd level qualification in Youth Work, education, or equivalent area.
- Training in group facilitation and learning with young people.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ full time post qualified experience of working with and using active learning methodologies with young people in group settings.
- A team worker with an ability to prioritise tasks and to work well under pressure.
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of record keeping and database systems.
- Has previous experience of working in statutory / voluntary / community setting.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
- Strong ability to manage events.
- Strong presentation skills and skilled at public speaking.
- Self-motivated with the ability to working on own as well as be a strong team contributor.
- Proven ability to set own work plans with a progress tracking system in line with objectives set by line manager and National Youth Development strategy.
- Enjoys working with young people and is passionate about social justice.
- The post holder will be required to hold a full clean Irish/ EU driving licence and to have access to a car which can be used for work.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please fill out the form below and attach the completed job application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer