Permanent Full Time
37.5 hours per week
13 October 2021
4PM Wednesday 27 October 2021
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
The purpose of the Shop Manager role is to maximize sales, productivity, revenue opportunities and customer satisfaction levels through the efficient management of the St Vincent de Paul Charity shop. Ensuring compliance with the Society’s retail standards, current relevant legislation and SVP policy and ethos are key requirements of the role. Leading & motivating a team comprising of a diverse group of shop volunteers, Community Employment and Tus Participants and paid employees is also required.
Life at SVP – Why work for us?
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged with the ability to display empathy and patience.
- At least 3 years retail experience ideally some of which will have been gained in the community / voluntary sector
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- Experience of working with sales and profit targets
- Be an accomplished Retail Manager and be able to demonstrate an impressive record of business development, excellent people skills and the ability to deliver the very highest store standards and customer service through your team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal and social media skills
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- A keen eye for visual merchandising and display
You can apply online directly or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
|Work Life Balance
||Benefits and Wellbeing
|23 days annual leave to start
||Paid Paternity and Maternity Leave
|Sociable working hours, most shops are only open Monday to Saturday with no late nights
||Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
|2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
||Paid Sick Leave
||Employee Assistance Program
||Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
Please complete the Online Application Form
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer