Benefits of the Programme
- Flexibility within the programme means that it can fit into your group / school community in a way that suits you.
- The programme is free and non-competitive.
- Young people are at the centre of their own learning; promoting personal development.
- Supports from the Young SVP team are available throughout the year.
- Links to curriculum within a number of subject areas in both ROI & Northern Ireland; e.g Religious Education, Citizenship, CSPE, TY programmes.
- Programme can be used to complement extra curricula activities e.g. Gaisce / Pope John Paul II awards, Enrichment programmes and many more.
- Participants gain positive, meaningful experiences of volunteering and social action.
- Participants will learn to understand and take action on social justice issues.
- Participants will have the option of attending Young SVP events where young people & leaders/teachers can share their valued experiences.
To find more information about Youth Conferences and how to start one, please download our Conference manual or contact one of our team.