The donations we received make a really big difference to those who need it most in communities throughout Ireland.
Our commitment to our supporters:
- As an organisation we endeavour to keep administration costs at 10% of expenditure.
- The National Management Council (Board) of St Vincent de Paul are volunteers and are not paid by the Society.
- Donations that are given locally are spent locally.
The service we provide:
While visitation remains the core work of the Society, we also provide many other essential services throughout the country including;
- The management of 970 social housing units
- We provide 344 emergency beds per night available for the homeless
- We operate 15 day care centres
- We operate 220 Vincent's charity shops
- And we also provide many breakfast, homework and revision clubs operating Nationwide.
This work of the Society is carried out by almost 11,000 volunteers and supported by around 716 full-time, part-time and seasonal staff.
The growing need:
- Calls for assistance from people in need have increased by over 100% nationally in recent years.
- The direct assistance provided to struggling families by the Society has increased from €24m in 2007 to €40.6m in 2014. We expect this number to remain at this level in 2017.
Without your support, much of what we do would be impossible:
- We rely primarily on the generosity of the people of Ireland to carry out much of what we do.
- Only a small percentage of our income is derived from the State (Government Departments & Local Authorities). This is mainly in relation to the management of hostels and resource centres. It is currently 14% of income but reducing year on year.
View our Annual Accounts here:
We pride ourselves on being open and transparent. Our detailed audited Annual Accounts for the last 8 years can be viewed here.