Our commitment to donors
The Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public sets out the Commitment to Donors. This includes the commitment that the Society of St Vincent de Paul will inform donors and prospective donors that it complies with the Statement.
We have devised a summary of that commitment in the form of our donor charter:
- To treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
- To be accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Society of St Vincent de Paul.
- To effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
- To inform you of our mission, and of the way the way we intend to use donated resources.
- To inform you of the identity of those serving on the Society’s National Management Council and that the Council will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To give you access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- To give you appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To assure you that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To ensure that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- To inform you whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- To provide you with the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- To give you prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions you might have of the organisation.
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact SVP in writing, by email or by telephone. All our contact details are listed on our contact page. Please give us as much information as possible. Please provide your contact details and let us know how you would like us to respond.